A Walker's Guide to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is a comprehensive guidebook to walking tours of Lower Town Harpers Ferry, Virginius Island, Maryland Heights, Loudoun Heights, and much more. With detailed maps and index, this guide provides hikers a glimpse into Harpers Ferry past, from historic floods to the civil war. Details on duration of walking tours, parking information, and historical structures will enrich a visit to this remarkable town.
From the back cover:
In this Walker’s Guide
- The U.S. Armory and John Brown’s Raid
- Civil War battles, skirmishes, and fortifications
- Memorable floods of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers
- The C&O Canal, B&O Railroad, and Shenandoah Canal
- Waterpowered industry on Virginius Island
- Storer College and the Niagra movement
- Meriwether Lewis at Harpers Ferry
David T. Gilbert for the Harpers Ferry Historical Association. Eighth Edition, 2016.
Unknown (Submitted on Mar 27th 2018)
Interesting detailed historical facts plus an easy to follow map of Harpers Ferry. I’m glad I got it a month before my visit!!